We gather and use certain information about our customers and individuals in order to provide Asset Finance facilities and services to Limited Companies and Corporate Bodies only. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Company Name
- Directors/Shareholders names
- Job titles
- Contact information such as email address and/or phone number
- Accounting and related information
- Identity verification details such as passports or driving licences
- Other information specific to individual requests for tailored finance facilities
How We Use This Data
This data is provided to financial institutions, (with the consent of the customer) in support of their application for finance. Collecting this data helps us and our trading partners provide informed accurate and fair lending decisions.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant or valuable to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to contact you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant or valuable to you.
How long we keep this data.
The information we collect in support of your finance application needs to be retained so that we can maintain continuity of the finance agreement we have arranged or put in place. We must be able to substantiate what checks and information was used to arrange an offer of finance. Which individuals provided this information, who signed the documentation and that we verified the identity of these individuals.
For these reasons we will keep specific information relating to your transaction for the period of the finance agreement signed by you.
Following termination or completion of this finance agreement will dispose of all personal information within 12 weeks, unless required by reason of default or fraud that we should keep the data.
Controlling information about you
When you provide us with your details personally or on our website, you will be given the opportunity to:
Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Change your opt-in settings by writing to us at Sheppex Limited The Old Library, High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AP
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert REMOVE into the subject line.
We will never distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have a direct request from you or the law requires us to do so. Or if necessary for any of the services we carry out.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.